This pecan pie recipe has been a Thanksgiving tradition in my family for many years. It is a recipe that I created myself years ago, inspired by traditional pecan pie recipes but with an extra kick to make it more special and unique. I added a combination of flavors that my husband and I really enjoy, such as maple and bourbon. This recipe is a big hit over the holidays. My in-laws ask me to bake this pie every year for both Thanksgiving AND Christmas. This recipe is for 2 pies because trust me, they won't last long! hehe ...Be sure to try this pie with the Bourbon whipped cream recipe (see below).
Andrea's Maple Bourbon Pecan Pie
Pie Ingredients (makes 2 pies)
• 1 pkg. Pillsbury pie crusts (2 rolls)
• 2 cups sugar
• 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
• 8 large whole eggs
• 2 cup plus 4 tablespoons dark corn syrup
• 1 cup pure maple syrup
• 4 tablespoons bourbon or dark rum
• 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups (2- 5 1/4 ounce bags) crushed pecans
• 1 large egg yolk
• 2 tablespoons heavy cream
• Bourbon whipped cream (optional; recipe included below)
Bourbon Whipped Cream Recipe Ingredients
• 1 c whipping cream
• 2 teaspoons confectioners (powdered) sugar
• 2 tablespoons bourbon (I recommend Jim Beam or Jack Daniels)
- Roll out your Pillsbury pie crusts into two 9-inch pie pans. Try to leave a 1/2 inch overhang.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, 8 whole eggs, corn syrup, maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla. Fold in half the crushed pecans. Separate pie filling in half. Pour filling into each of the two pie shells; arrange remaining pecans on top of pie (I usually just eyeball it).
- Beat 1 egg yolk, add 2 tablespoons of heavy cream and brush over exposed crust than transfer pie to the oven.
- Bake your pie 15 minutes, and then reduce heat to 350 degrees. Bake until a knife tip comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes (depending on your oven).
- Make your bourbon whipped cream, and then set in fridge until pie is ready to be served (optional). BOURBON WHIPPED CREAM Steps: Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form then beat in the bourbon. Be sure to keep this in the fridge until ready for use.
- Serve your pie warm or at room temperature.
NOTES: You can make your own pie crust if you want to but the Pillsbury pie crusts are very flaky and are highly recommended for use with this recipe. The Bourbon whipped cream perfectly complements this very rich pecan pie recipe!
I hope that your family LOVES this recipe as much as mine does! ENJOY!!!