I just LOVE the new Fitsme online recipe and meal planner app! As someone who suffers with psoriasis, I really need to watch what I eat. I try to avoid gluten, sugary foods and eating too much dairy. I also try to eat a lot of antioxidant rich foods to boost my immune system but they are also very important for protecting against heart disease and cancer, which people with psoriasis are at higher risk for.
Here are some of the key features that I love about this app:
- You can filter our specific recipes based on food allergies, strict diet profiles (i.e. paleo, vegan, gluten free, etc.)
- You have the ability to create grocery lists for all or specific days of the week and can include/exclude any days or recipes you want.
- They have a “thumbs up, thumbs down” system which allows them to learn over time about your cooking and purchasing habits.
- You can scale the recipes to make more or less or a recipe (i.e Cooking for 6, but the servings size is only 2)
- Shopping list is broken down into categories such as: Spices & herbs, Vegetables, fruits, dairy, etc. which makes shopping easier.
- If you recognize that a recipe has the ingredient in your pantry, you can check it off and it'll disappear from the list.
- You have the ability to email the list to yourself or others, with an optional message.
If you are someone that has food allergies, follows a strict diet (i.e. vegan, paleo, pescatarian, etc), would like help with meal planning, eats a specific way to attain a physical goal (body building), have been diagnosed with a life threatening illness (i.e. cancer or diabetes and need to change eating habits), have little time to find recipes or to plan meals, are a registered dietitians or nutritionists, are a personal trainer or just LOVE cooking… this app is perfect for you! Visit www.fitsmeapp.com for more information!